February 10, 2009 on 11:40 am | In 9.0 version, Features, Voice | 165 Comments
Well, either our voice users are very organized or they have super secret calls they’re afraid will be discovered. To that end, we added back in the option to delete items from your call history list in Yahoo! Messenger 9.0.
Click a call to highlight it, then click the delete button above. To select multiple calls for deletion, use ctrl + click. To delete all your call history, click to select one in the list, then press ctrl + a on your keyboard to select them all. Note that we only show the one hundred most recent calls in the window. So if you delete them all, the next time you open that window the next hundred will be there.
And we know some users were experiencing a bug where the call history window was popping up every time you signed in (even if you didn’t have missed calls). We’ve fixed this problem so just sign out of Yahoo! Messenger 9.0, quit the application, then start it again and sign in. You’ll see the call history window one more time but on future sign-ins, you’ll only see it when you have missed calls or a voicemail.
February 9, 2009 on 2:11 pm | In Mac version | 157 Comments
Yes, we’re still in Beta but the team has been hard at work fixing bugs and adding a few new features. Here’s a rundown of what’s in this latest release, Yahoo! Messenger for Mac 3.0 Beta 4 (build 156957):
- Over three dozen bug fixes addressing a variety of features including file transfer, display images, voice, chat rooms, stealth settings and webcam.
- Added clearer messaging when receiving anonymous messages from your Pingbox (screenshot)
- Added a preference to separately enable/disable archiving for chat room conversations. Go to Preferences > Messaging and check the “Enable Yahoo! Chat Room Archiving” box (screenshot)
- When you report an IM as spam, it also adds the sender to your ignore list (screenshot)
- To cancel automatic sign in when you’re launching Yahoo! Messenger for Mac, hold down the SHIFT key
- Various performance and memory bug fixes
- Added a new message style called “Kobi lite”. To try it out, go to Preferences > Messaging, then change the Conversation style.
Download Yahoo! Messenger for Mac 3.0 Beta 4
We hope you enjoy this latest version. We value your input so please stop by our Mac feedback form after you’ve tried it out and let us know your thoughts.
February 5, 2009 on 1:32 pm | In 9.0 version | 289 Comments
We released an updated version of Yahoo! Messenger 9.0 today (22.214.171.1248). This latest build includes a fix for the sign-in issues that have been affecting some users. If you were seeing an error code “81003005” when trying to sign in, this latest version may fix that problem. Even if you were experiencing a different kind of sign-in issue, we recommend installing this latest version.
After you’ve tried it out, please let us know how it works for you by leaving a comment on the blog.
And yes, we are still working on the installation issues! Thanks for your patience.
« Previous Page
February 4, 2009 on 12:01 pm | In 9.0 version | 44 Comments
Thanks to a blog reader, Albert, we recently discovered a software conflict between Yahoo! Messenger 9.0 and SpeedBit Video Accelerator*. If you have encountered problems installing Yahoo! Messenger 9.0 or found that it stopped working altogether, this could be the cause of your problem.
Here are some quick steps to determine if you have the software conflict and how to fix it:
1) First, check to see if you have Speedbit Video Accelerator installed. To do that, go to your Control Panel and double click on Add/Remove programs (in Windows Vista, look for the “Programs and Features” icon).
2) Look for Speedbit Video Accelerator in the list of programs (screenshot below). If you do have it, remove / uninstall it. Note that after uninstalling it, you may be asked to restart your computer.
3) Go to http://messenger.yahoo.com/download/win and try installing Yahoo! Messenger 9.0 again.
At this time, we have not solved the conflict so the only way to get Yahoo! Messenger 9.0 installed is to remove Speedbit Video Accelerator from your PC. We do not recommend re-installing Speedbit after installing 9.0 as it also prevents 9.0 from running.
While we realize there are users having issues with 9.0 that are not related to the SpeedBit software, we did want to alert you to this conflict in case it applies to you. We appreciate your patience while we investigate other causes to the installation and sign-in issues with 9.0.
* SpeedBit Video Accelerator is a free web browser add-on that advertises faster and smoother video streaming from YouTube.