Yes, we’re still in Beta but the team has been hard at work fixing bugs and adding a few new features. Here’s a rundown of what’s in this latest release, Yahoo! Messenger for Mac 3.0 Beta 4 (build 156957):
- Over three dozen bug fixes addressing a variety of features including file transfer, display images, voice, chat rooms, stealth settings and webcam.
- Added a preference to separately enable/disable archiving for chat room conversations. Go to Preferences > Messaging and check the “Enable Yahoo! Chat Room Archiving” box (screenshot)
- When you report an IM as spam, it also adds the sender to your ignore list (screenshot)
- To cancel automatic sign in when you’re launching Yahoo! Messenger for Mac, hold down the SHIFT key
- Various performance and memory bug fixes
- Added a new message style called “Kobi lite”. To try it out, go to Preferences > Messaging, then change the Conversation style.
We hope you enjoy this latest version. We value your input so please stop by our Mac feedback form after you’ve tried it out and let us know your thoughts.